INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT
This is information you provide to us through text fields, such as your Name and Payment information. The information we collect differs depending on if you make an account to become a sweeton or become a content creator.
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- County of Residence
You may also sign up using a Facebook or Google account. We will ask permission to access basic information from your Facebook or google account, such as your name, email and profile picture. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by going to Facebook or Google to remove Sweeton’s access to that account and your ability to Login.
You also have the option to add more information to your public profile such as a location, social media links which we store along with any comments or messages you submit on Sweeton.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Categories of Personal Data We collect.
- How we use Your Personal Data.
- How we obtain Your Personal Data.
- Legal bases for processing
- Who we share Your Personal Data with.
- Personal Data we share.
We collect information that identifies, relates to or describes is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with a particular consumer or household. In Addition we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you and is not personal data. To the extend this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data otherwise the information is not subject to privacy notice.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
- Accessing, Modifying and correcting collected Personal Data.
- The right to know whether, and for what purpose we process your personal data.
- The right to be informed about the personal data we collect and/ or purpose about you.
- The right to learn the source of personal data about you we process.
- The right to know with whom we have shared your personal data with, for what purpose, and what personal data has been shared including personal data was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- The right to withdraw you consent, where processing of personal data is based on your consent.
- The right to Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the jurisdiction of your residence, place of work or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
- Your choices includes Communication Opt- Out.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To verify your identity to comply with the Kenya Laws.
- To allow you to sign into your account.
- To allow you to support a creator’s content on Sweeton.
- To process memberships payments and Payouts.
- To send you Emails relevant to your usage.
- To reply to your questions.
- To provide to you existing services related to your Sweeton account.
- To promote your Sweeton account for greater discoverability.
- To spotlight and celebrate creators.
- To market Sweeton’s products and services to you or your audiences.
- To understand how you use the services and create better tools for creators to serve Sweetons.
- To conduct research and development to improve Sweeton and develop future products.
- To prevent Fraud and abuse on Sweeton.
- Provide you with reasonable accommodation, if you notify us of a disability.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH CONTENT CREATORS
By becoming a Sweeton of a creator, you agree to have the following information shared with the Content Creators:
- Your name and Email address and other profile information you’ve provided.
- Your Physical address, City and Country.
- Any messages you send to Content Creators through Sweeton.
- Your phone number, when you have signed up to support a content creator who engages with you via text messages or have signed up for event notification via text.
- All information about your payment, including amount and start date.
Creators agree to the terms of our Data Processing Agreement when they start their membership program. This DPA Is called Creators Privacy Promise, where the Content Creators promise to protect the privacy of their Sweetons.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We process data for, or based on, one or more of the following Legal bases:
- Performance of a contract. By using the service, you have contracted with us through the TERMS AND CONDITIONS and we will process certain personal data to perform under the contract.
- Legitimate interests. We may process personal data for our legitimate interests, including complying with any applicable law, rule or regulation, investigation or remedy enforcing our TERMS AND CONDITIONS, protecting our, our users or other rights properties and safety and detecting, resolving any fraud or security concerns.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and protection of individuals. We may process personal data to comply with our legal obligations, including as required by valid legal process, governmental request and to protect those individuals who use our services and others.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers
- Our affiliated entities
- Government agencies or regulators when permitted or required to do so by law, in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority and/or protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property or safety and /or that of our users and others.
PERSONAL DATA WE SHARE
- Identifiers e.g. Name, Address, Email and Government Id is shared with our service providers.
- Identifiers e.g. Government Id Account Name is shared with other Content Creators and Sweetons.
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information e.g. content you create is shared with the service provider.
PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and organizations safeguards to promote security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of personal data. This safeguards include:
- The encryption of personal data where appropriate
- The encryption of personal data where appropriate
However no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. Sweeton will use measures designed to protect data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. You should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and cannot warrant that information you transmit on Sweeton is or will be secure.
The Terms were last updated on: July 12th, 2021.