Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Sweeton’s Terms and Conditions of Use (these “Terms”). This is a contract between you and Sweeton Limited (as defined further below) and we want you to know yours and our rights before you use the Sweeton application (“Sweeton” or the “App”). Please take a few moments to read these Terms before enjoying the App, because once you access, view, or use the App, you are going to be legally bound by these Terms (so probably best to read them first!).
Please be aware that if you subscribe to services for a term (the “Initial Term”), then the terms of your subscription will be automatically renewed for additional periods of the same duration as the Initial Term at Sweeton’s then-current fee for such services unless you cancel your subscription per Section 5 below.
You should also note that Section 13 of these Terms contains provisions governing how claims that you and Sweeton Limited have against each other are resolved. In particular, it contains an arbitration agreement that will, with limited exceptions, require disputes between us to be submitted to binding and final arbitration.
And a notice to subscribers: You may cancel your subscription and request a refund at any time before midnight of the third business day following the date you subscribed. Please contact Sweeton customer support.
Before you can use the App, you will need to register for an account (“Account”). In order to create an account you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be legally permitted to use the App by the laws of your home country.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow you to use another person’s Account or to share your Account with any other person without permission.
We use a combination of automated systems and a team of moderators to monitor and review accounts and messages for content that indicates breaches of these Terms. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to terminate or suspend any Account, restrict access to the App, or make use of any operational, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses), at any time without liability and without the need to give you prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing in any way, we expressly reserve the right to terminate or suspend your Account without notice (1) for violating these terms, (2) due to your conduct on the App or your conduct with other users of the App (including your “offline” conduct), if we, in our sole discretion, determine your conduct was inappropriate or improper, (3) if we or our affiliates, in our or their sole discretion, determine your conduct on other apps operated by our affiliates was inappropriate or improper, or (4) for any reasons whatsoever that we deem, in our sole discretion, justifies termination. If your Account is terminated or suspended, you agree you will not receive a refund for any paid service or features you have already been charged for.
You may not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the App or our systems. Certain portions of the App may not be accessible if you have not registered for an Account.
Types of Content
There are three types of content that you will be able to access on the App:
- Content that you upload and provide (“Your Content”);
- Content that members provide (“Member Content”); and
- Content that Sweeton Limited provides (“Our Content”).
There is certain content we cannot allow on Sweeton.
We want our users to be able to express themselves as much as possible and post all sorts of things on Sweeton, but we have to impose restrictions on certain content which:
- Contains language or imagery which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person (including for example and without limitation, language that could be deemed discriminatory towards an individual’s race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or physical appearance);
- Is obscene, pornographic, violent, or otherwise may offend human dignity (including for example and without limitation, language that could be deemed discriminatory towards an individual’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or physical appearance);
- Is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory, or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry (including for example and without limitation, language that could be deemed discriminatory towards an individual’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or physical appearance);
- Encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offense;
- Is defamatory or libelous;
- Relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- Involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- Contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programs, or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage, or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse, or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Sweeton or otherwise;
- Itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
- Shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent;Is harmful to minors; or
- Impersonates any other person, including falsely stating your name.
Sweeton Limited operates a zero-tolerance policy for this kind of content.
You agree that Your Content must comply with our Guidelines, as updated from time to time. As Your Content is unique, you are responsible and liable for Your Content and will indemnify, defend, release, and hold us harmless from any claims made in connection with Your Content.
You may not display any personal contact or banking information on your profile page whether about you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card, or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances.
As Sweeton is a public community, Your Content will be visible to other users of the App all around the world instantly - so make sure you are comfortable sharing Your Content before you post. As such, you agree that Your Content may be viewed by other users and any person visiting, participating in or who is sent a link to the App (e.g., individuals who receive a link to a user’s profile or shared content from other Sweeton Users). By uploading Your Content on Sweeton, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights and licenses to do so, and automatically grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use Your Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Content, whether in whole or in part and any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
We may assign and/or sub-license the above license to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by you.
We do not have any obligation to store Your Content - if it is important, you should make a copy.
Other members of Sweeton will also share content via the App. Member Content belongs to the user who posted the content and is stored on our servers and displayed via the App at the direction of the user providing the Member Content.
You do not have any rights to other users’ Member Content, and you may only use other Sweeton users’ personal information to the extent that your use of it matches Sweeton’s purpose of allowing people to meet one another. You may not use other users’ information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, stalk, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate your Account if you misuse other users’ information.
You may be wondering what happens to the rest of the Content on Sweeton. Well, it belongs to us! Any other text, content, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds, artwork, and other intellectual property appearing on Sweeton are owned, controlled, or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property law rights. All right, title, and interest in and to Our Content remains with us at all times.
We grant you a non-exclusive, limited, personal, non-transferable, revocable, license to access and use Our Content, without the right to sublicense, under the following conditions:
- You shall not use, sell, modify, or distribute Our Content except as permitted by the functionality of the App;
- You shall not use our name in metatags, keywords, and/or hidden text;
- You shall not create derivative works from Our Content or commercially exploit Our Content, in whole or in part, in any way; and
- You shall use Our Content for lawful purposes only.
We reserve all other rights.
No Obligation to Pre-Screen Content
Since Sweeton is an online community, we generally try to avoid getting in the way and therefore don’t assume any obligation to pre-screen any of Your Content or any Member Content. However, there may be times where we need to step in, and we reserve the right to review, pre-screen, refuse and/or remove any Member Content and Your Content, including content exchanged between users in direct messages.
Restrictions on the App
You agree to:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, equal opportunity laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Professionally use the services.
You agree that you will not:
- Act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner including being dishonest, abusive, or discriminatory;
- Misrepresent your identity, your current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations with a person or entity;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose;
- Stalk or harass any other user of the App; or
- Create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud, or other similar practice.
We do not like users misbehaving in the Sweeton community. You can report any abuse or complain about Member Content by contacting us, outlining the abuse and/or complaint. You can also report a user directly from a profile or in chat by clicking the ‘Block & Report’ link. We reserve the right to investigate any possible violations of these Terms, and we may, in our sole discretion, immediately terminate any user’s right to use the App without prior notice, as set out further in Section 1 above.
We don’t control any of the things our users say or do, so you are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the App.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SWEETON LIMITED DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS. SWEETON LIMITED ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS USERS. SWEETON LIMITED MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS. SWEETON LIMITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME AND TO USE AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
You agree to, and hereby do, release Sweeton Limited and its successors from any claims, demands, losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that either directly or indirectly arises from your interactions with or conduct of other users of the App.
The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, or property damage for any unconscionable commercial practice by Sweeton Limited or such party’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the App.
Scraping or replicating any part of the App without our prior consent is expressly prohibited. This includes by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces - unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us.
Sweeton may offer products and services for purchase on the App (“In-App Purchase”). If you choose to make an In-App Purchase, you acknowledge and agree that additional terms, disclosed to you at the point of purchase, may apply and that such additional terms are incorporated herein by reference.
You may make an In-App Purchase through the following payment methods (“Payment Method”): (a) purchasing a third-party platform such as the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (“Third Party Store”), or (b) paying with your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account, which will be processed by a third-party processor. Once you have made an In-App Purchase, you authorize us to charge your chosen Payment Method. If payment is not received by us from your chosen Payment Method, you agree to promptly pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
Subscriptions and Auto-Renewal: Sweeton may offer some services as automatically-renewing subscriptions, e.g., a one-week subscription, one-month subscription, or three-month subscription (“Premium Services”). IF YOU PURCHASE AN AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING SUBSCRIPTION, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AT THE END OF THE PERIOD, UNLESS YOU CANCEL, AT SWEETON’S THEN-CURRENT PRICE FOR SUCH SUBSCRIPTIONS. To avoid charges for a new subscription period, you must cancel, as described below, before the end of the then-current subscription period. Deleting your account or deleting the application from your device does not cancel your subscription. You will be given notice of changes in the pricing of the Premium Services to which you have subscribed and an opportunity to cancel. If Sweeton changes these prices and you do not cancel your subscription, you agree that you will be charged at Sweeton’s then-current pricing for the subscription.
Canceling Subscriptions. If you purchased a subscription directly from Sweeton, you may cancel or change your Payment Method via the payment settings option under your profile. If you purchased a subscription through a Third-Party Store, such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, you will need to access your account with that Third Party Store and follow instructions to change or cancel your subscription. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of the period you last paid for, but (i) you will not (except as outlined in the subsection entitled “Refunds” below) be eligible for a prorated refund, (ii) your subscription will not be renewed when that period expires and (iii) you will then no longer be able to use the Premium Services or In-App Purchases enabled by your subscription.
Free Trials. If you sign up for a free trial and do not cancel, your trial may convert into a paid subscription and your Payment Method will be charged at the then-current price for such a subscription. Once your free trial converts to a paid subscription, your paid subscription will continue to automatically renew at the end of each period, and your Payment Method will be charged until you cancel. To avoid charges for a new subscription period, you must cancel before the end of the then-current subscription period or free trial period as described above. Deleting your account or deleting the application from your device does not cancel your free trial.
Refunds. Generally, all charges for purchases are non-refundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
The payments required under Section 5 do not include any Sales Tax that may be due in connection with the Premium Services provided under these Terms. If Sweeton determines it has a legal obligation to collect a Sales Tax from you in connection with these Terms, Sweeton will collect such Sales Tax in addition to the payments required under this Section 5. If any Premium Services, or payments for any Premium Services, under these Terms are subject to any Sales Tax in any jurisdiction and you have not remitted the applicable Sales Tax to Sweeton, you will be responsible for the payment of such Sales Tax and any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority. As used herein, “Sales Tax” means any sales or use tax and any other tax measured by sales proceeds that is the functional equivalent of a sales tax where the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax.
At times, you may be able to purchase a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access special limited-use features from Sweeton, referred to here as “Virtual Items.” You can only purchase Virtual Items through Sweeton or Sweeton’s partners. Virtual Items represent a limited license right governed by this Agreement, and, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, no title or ownership in or to Virtual Items is being transferred or assigned to you. This Agreement, and your purchase of Virtual Items, do not constitute the sale of any rights in Virtual Items.
Any Virtual Item balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead shows the extent of your license to access Virtual Items. Virtual Items do not incur fees for non-use. Your license in Virtual Items will terminate on the earlier of Sweeton ceasing provision of services or your account closing or terminating. Sweeton may also at times provide Virtual Items as bonuses too, or parts of paid subscriptions for its services. Your ability to use Virtual Items you have access to in this manner may terminate at the end of each of your subscription periods and your access to Virtual Items may not “rollover” or accumulate through additional subscription periods. Your access to Virtual Items gained through subscriptions may also end if you cancel your subscription.
Sweeton, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge fees for the right to access or use Virtual Items and/or may distribute Virtual Items with or without charge. Sweeton may manage, regulate, control, modify, or eliminate Virtual Items at any time, including taking actions that may impact the perceived value or purchase price, if applicable, of any Virtual Items and Sweeton shall have no liability to you for doing so. You shall not sell, redeem, or otherwise transfer Virtual Items to any person or entity. Virtual Items may only be redeemed through our Services.
ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS MADE THROUGH OUR SERVICES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEETON IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
Push Notifications; Location-Based Features
We may provide you with emails, text messages, push notifications, alerts, and other messages related to the App and/or the Sweeton services, such as enhancements, offers, products, events, and other promotions. After downloading the App, you will be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from the App, you may opt-out by changing your notification settings on your mobile device. Concerning other types of messaging or communications, such as emails, text messages, etc., you can unsubscribe or opt-out by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or by emailing us with your request at email@example.com.
THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, AND MEMBER CONTENT ARE ALL PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” either WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE COMPATIBILITY OF ANY MATCHES.
SHOULD APPLICABLE LAW NOT PERMIT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN WE GRANT THE MINIMUM EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS SECTION.
ADDITIONALLY, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE APP OR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR THAT THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, ANY MEMBER CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IS CORRECT, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE. YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. SWEETON LIMITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER. SWEETON LIMITED DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER US NOR ANY OWNER WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, OR ANY MEMBER CONTENT, HOWEVER, CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PROPRIETARY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING SHALL APPLY EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED IN ANY WAY WITH THE APP OR SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF THE APP AND SITE.
YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY HEREIN IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND REFLECTS A FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK. THE APP AND SITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS, AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES SPECIFIED HEREIN WILL SURVIVE EVEN IF FOUND TO HAVE FAILED IN THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
All the actions you make and the information you post on Sweeton remain your responsibility. Therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us, and our partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, harmless, from and against any third-party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with:
- Any negligent acts, omissions, or willful misconduct by you;
- Your access to and use of the App;
- The uploading or submission of Content to the App by you;
- Any breach of these Terms by you; and/or
- Your violation of any law or any rights of any third party.
We retain the exclusive right to settle compromise and pay all claims or causes of action, which are brought against us without your prior consent. If we ask, you will co-operate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defense of any relevant claim.
The foregoing provision does not require you to indemnify Sweeton Limited for any unconscionable commercial practice or any fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression, or omission of any material fact in connection with the App.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Sweeton Limited has adopted the following policy towards copyright infringement per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). If you believe any Member Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) to Sweeton Limited’s Copyright Agent as identified below, including the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Any DMCA Takedown Notices should be sent to Sweeton Limited’s Copyright Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD-PARTY APP STORE
The following additional terms and conditions apply to you if you download the App from a Third-Party Store. To the extent that the other terms and conditions of these Terms are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of this Section, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in this Section will apply, but solely concerning the App and the Third-Party Store. You acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded solely between you and Sweeton Limited and not with the providers of the Third-Party Store, and Sweeton Limited (and not the Third-Party Store providers) is solely responsible for the App and the content thereof. To the extent that these Terms provide for usage rules for the App which are less restrictive or in conflict with the applicable terms of service of the Third-Party Store from which you obtain the App, the more restrictive or conflicting term of the Third-Party Store will take precedence and will apply.
- The Third-Party Store provider has no obligation whatsoever to provide any maintenance and support services concerning the App. Sweeton Limited is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. The Third-Party Store provider will have no warranty obligation whatsoever concerning the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Sweeton Limited.
- Sweeton Limited, not the Third-Party Store provider, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and/or (iv) intellectual property infringement claims.
- The Third-Party Store provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and, upon your acceptance of these Terms, the Third-Party Store provider from whom you obtained the App will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
In the event of a conflict between a Third-Party Store’s or mobile carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and these Terms, the terms and conditions of the Third-Party Store or mobile carrier shall govern and control. We are not responsible and have no liability whatsoever for third-party goods or services you obtain through a Third-Party Store or mobile carrier. We encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online transaction with any of these third parties.
Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. Unless you are opt-out in the manner described in subsection 7 below, this agreement requires you to arbitrate disputes with Sweeton Limited and limits how you seek relief from us.
- When Does This Arbitration Agreement Apply? This Arbitration Agreement applies to any dispute or claim relating to your use of our App or any other aspect of your relationship with Sweeton Limited. It requires that, and by entering into these Terms you agree, that such claims will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (i) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify; and (ii) you or Sweeton Limited may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or misuse of intellectual property rights.
- How Do You Start The Arbitration Process? To begin the arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered offices: HEAD OFFICE 75, PRODROMOU AVENUE. ONE WORLD PARKVIEW HOUSE. 4TH FLOOR, NICOSIA 2062 CYPRUS.
The Parties shall use their good faith efforts to resolve any dispute, controversy, or claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of or concerning or in connection with this Agreement. To this end, the Parties in dispute shall each promptly appoint representatives of appropriate standing who shall meet and attempt to resolve any dispute between them. If an amicable settlement has not been reached within thirty (30) days of the parties’ representative's meeting as previously mentioned, the following provisions of this clause shall apply. Any dispute, difference, or question whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, save as specifically provided herein, shall be referred for final determination to a single arbitrator to be appointed by agreement between the parties hereto or in default of any such agreement within seven (7) days of the notification of any dispute by either party to the other then, upon application by either party, by the Chairman for the time being of the CYPRUS Branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (“Institute”). 103) Such arbitration shall take place in CYPRUS and shall be conducted per the Rules of Arbitration of the Institute. 104) To the extent permissible by law the determination of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the Parties and shall not be subject to any appeal. 105) Nothing in this clause 20.2 shall restrict either Party’s freedom to commence legal proceedings of any nature to seek preliminary injunctive relief or interim or conservatory measures from any court of competent jurisdiction pending the final decision or award of an arbitrator.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed on location.
- What Can the Arbitrator Decide? The arbitrator has the exclusive authority to (i) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement, and (ii) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator will have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator will have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator will issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
- No Jury Trials. By agreeing to arbitration, YOU AND SWEETON LIMITED ARE EACH AGREEING TO WAIVE OUR RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL. Instead, you, Sweeton Limited are electing that all claims and disputes will be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as described in Section 13(1) above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- One At A Time. All claims and disputes within the scope of this Arbitration Agreement MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR ANY OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Only individual relief is available, and claims of more than one customer or user cannot be arbitrated or consolidated with those of any other customer or user. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this subsection’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, then the claim must be severed from the arbitration and brought into the State or Federal Courts located in Travis County, Texas. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
- 31-Day Right to Opt. This opt-out section does not apply to new members after November 18, 2021. You have the right to opt-out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to: email@example.com within 31 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your Sweeton username (if any), the email address you used to set up your Sweeton account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt-out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt-out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement does not affect any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
- Severability. Except as provided in subsection 13(6), if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Survival of Agreement. The terms of this Arbitration Agreement will continue, even after your relationship with Sweeton Limited has ended.
Termination and Remedies
These Terms commence on the date you accept them (as described in the preamble) and continue until terminated per the terms herein.
If you want to terminate these Terms, you may do so by (a) notifying Sweeton Limited at any time, and (b) closing your Account. Your notice should be sent to Sweeton Limited’s address below. Please note that if you terminate these Terms, your subscription will continue until the end of the subscription period for which applicable fees have been paid, and you will not be entitled to a refund except as stated in Section 5.
Sweeton Limited may terminate or suspend these Terms, including your Account, if you breach these Terms or if Sweeton Limited is required to do so by applicable law. You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Sweeton Limited’s sole discretion and that Sweeton Limited shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your Account.
If Sweeton Limited determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of these Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for the App, Sweeton Limited reserves the right to (a) warn you via email (to any email addresses you have provided to Sweeton Limited) that you have violated the Terms; (b) delete your User Content; (c) discontinue your Account; (d) discontinue your subscription(s); (e) notify and/or send your User Content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or (f) pursue to any other action which Sweeton Limited deems to be appropriate.
Termination of these Terms or your Account includes the removal of access to your Account and all related information and content associated with or inside your account.
All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of these Terms, including, without limitation, the Arbitration Agreement, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitation of liability.
There are a few more things we need to mention before you can use Sweeton.
Sweeton Limited has taken reasonable steps to ensure the currency, availability, correctness, and completeness of the information contained on Sweeton and provides that information on an "as is", "as available" basis. Sweeton Limited does not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind about the information contained on Sweeton, whether express or implied. Use of Sweeton and the materials available on it is at your sole risk. Sweeton Limited is not responsible for any loss arising from the transmission, use of data, or inaccurate Member Content.
You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any material you may obtain from Sweeton is free of viruses or other harmful components. You accept that Sweeton will not be provided uninterrupted or error-free, that defects may not be corrected or that Sweeton Limited, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs, spyware, Trojan horse, or any similar malicious software. Sweeton Limited is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation damage from any security breach or any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction.
The communications between you and Sweeton Limited may take place via electronic means, whether you use the App or send Sweeton Limited emails, or whether Sweeton Limited posts notices in the App or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Sweeton Limited in electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Sweeton Limited provides to you electronically satisfy if it were to be in writing.
We may have to change our TERMS AND CONDITIONS when the need arises.
As Sweeton grows, we might have to make changes to these Terms so we reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a “Change”). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the Effective Date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of a Change. It’s also possible that we might ask you to agree to our Changes, but we’ll let you know. You should regularly check this page for notice of any changes – we want our users to be as informed as possible.
Your continued use of Sweeton following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms. If you do not accept any Changes to the Terms, you should stop using Sweeton immediately.
If for any reason, any of the Terms are declared illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
No failure or delay in exercising any right, power, or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power, or privilege preclude any further exercise of the right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
By using the App, you agree and acknowledge that Sweeton is a global app operating through servers located in several countries around the world, including the United States. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, or by choosing to upgrade the services you use, or by making use of the applications available on Sweeton, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and storage and processing of your personal information in, any such countries and destinations.
The App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. In such cases, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for:
- The availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or
- The content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Framing, in-line linking, or other methods of association with the App are expressly prohibited without first obtaining our prior written approval.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by us without restriction.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by us without restriction.
The Terms were last updated on: 29TH JULY, 2021.