This is information that you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information. The information we collect differs depending on if you make an account, become a Sweeton, or become a creator.
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Stage Name
- State and Country of Residence
A Sweeton is someone who joins Sweeton platform to engage with their favourite creators and by subscribing to their content. As a Sweeton you must provide your payment information to our payment processors. Sweeton does not receive your full card number.
We collect and process information about the creators you support, the level at which you support them determined by the creator, what personal benefits you receive from the selected creator.
A creator is someone who creates and provides content for their Sweeton's through the Sweeton platform. To become a creator, you must create a page that describes what you are creating and if/any benefits you are offering to your loyal Sweeton's . First and Last Name
We collect information automatically as you navigate the site or through our third-party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access Sweeton, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We also derive your location from your self-disclosed country, your IP address, and from your payment card.
At in-person and online events, we may request information from you. This is done to better tailor the event experience to those in attendance. This information may include your name, email address, payment details, mobile phone number, social media and other online accounts you maintain, details around the types of works you create, and survey or feedback responses.
We process your information to:
- • Allow you to sign in to your account.
- • Allow you to subscribe to a creator’s channel on Sweeton.
- • Send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences.
- • Reply to your questions.
- • Provide to you existing and enhanced services related to your Sweeton account.
- • Market Sweeton products and services to you or to audiences similar to you based on your networks and common factors that others have with you, unless you opt out, as controlled by your email preferences.
- • Understand how you use the service, and create better tools for creators to serve Sweeton's.
- • Conduct research and development to improve Sweeton and develop future products.
- • Prevent online abuse on Sweeton.
We never sell your information to third parties. We will only share data with third parties, under the following circumstances:
- To protect the security or integrity of Sweeton, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sweeton, its employees, users, or others, if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or other valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on Sweeton). If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you promptly with notice by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- With third party apps used by creators to help run their subscription programs. While we try to keep this list up to date, we often experiment with new third party app providers, and this list may not be exhaustive.
- With partners or investors of Sweeton, who may have access to your data to perform their services, and who are obligated by contract to safeguard any of your data they receive from us to the same extent that Sweeton protects it.
When you create a Sweeton account, you can elect to connect your social account(s) (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube,) with Sweeton, and we will collect and store some social information from those platforms, such as:
- 1. follower or subscriber counts
- 2. post or upload counts
- 3. view, like, and comment counts
This social information allows us to provide you a better Sweeton experience, and also helps guide future development of Sweeton. We use this data to:
- 1. Help creators and patrons find each other on Sweeton
- 2. Assess how to make creators more successful on Sweeton
The following information is publicly accessible:
- 1. Your profile, and your social media links and location if you add that information.
- 2. By default, the creators you support are publicly displayed.
- 3. Any posts, likes, or comments you make.
- 4. Number of Sweeton's.
Choosing Your Preferences The Settings link is located by clicking on your avatar or profile at the top right hand of your screen, after your log into your Sweeton account. Settings lets you see your account preferences. You can see and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selections.
- 1. Provide you with information about your service, service enhancements, or new Sweeton products, while you are on our web site or using our apps.
- 2. Send you messages regarding your existing service, or enhancements related to your existing service, when you are off our platform, via email, or via text, if you have signed up for a service or event notification that uses text messages.
- 3. Send you messages related to services we provide which are separate from your existing service via email, from which you may opt out.
- 4. Market Sweeton to you and audiences similar to you based on your networks and common factors that others have with you, unless you opt out.
- 5. Send you marketing emails or texts if you don’t have a Sweeton account but have consented to receiving such messages, from which you may opt out.
- 6. Promote your account for greater discoverability.
You may object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. You may also object to the use of your data for marketing upon creation of your account or anytime thereafter, by opting out.
Opting out will stop marketing emails. Please allow up to 30 days for your opt-out request to be processed. If you have an account with Sweeton, you will continue to receive service-related emails, and texts, if you have opted into receiving texts. We will never sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
You can change your email notifications in your email settings. While this allows you to stop many notification emails, we will still send some critical service emails.
If you download the Sweeton App you may also receive notifications on your mobile device. These can be disabled in the App settings.
Users maintain password protected accounts with Sweeton. If you submit a request to exercise your privacy rights, you will be asked to verify the request by logging into your Sweeton account. If we are unable to verify your request, then for your protection, we reserve the right to deny the request.
We do not discriminate against users who exercise their privacy rights.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it.
Sweeton’s not directed at children under the age of 18, and children may not create an account or otherwise use Sweeton.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email in advance of the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Sweeton after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org